How to Deploy A Static website on Amazon S3 Bucket.
- AWS Account.
- Sample react app.
- Create a sample react app using the command — npx create-react-app
- Bundle the application as static using the command — npm run build
Create a S3 bucket on Aws, the name of the bucket should be the name of the desired website.
Two S3 bucket are created;
- www.awsdemoapp.io (main website)
- awsdemoapp.io (for redirect)
One would have the content of the website, while the other would be to redirect the main website.
- Upload the content of the website on the www.awsdemoapp.io bucket.
Enable the public access and the policy on the new bucket created.
- Enable the website by inserting the script in this link
- Enable static website hosting by clicking on properties, then include the index.html, then click save to update the changes.
The other bucket created awsdemoapp.io would be set up for redirect the default website.
- Enable the static website hosting on awsdemoapp.io s3 bucket
- Include the www.awsdemoapp.io to allow redirection to the main website and save changes.
Browse through the url http://www.awsdemoapp.io.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ to get the content of the website uploaded on s3 bucket.